Easily achieve and maintain compliance with contact center regulatory compliance standards
Call recording is more than just a "nice to have," it’s often a regulatory mandate. Many industries have federal and industry regulations that require call recording, including:
- Financial Services. Requires recordings of all customer transactions, including telephone calls.
- Retail/Direct Marketing. Requires recordings for sales verification.
- Healthcare. Requires organizations to prove they’re safeguarding patient information to support HIPAA regulations.
The Uptivity Discover workforce optimization suite allows organizations to achieve regulatory compliance by recording both inbound and outbound calls. The flexible platform can be configured to meet the specific requirements for many industry regulations, including:
- Payment Card Industry (PCI)
- Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act (Sarbanes-Oxley)
- Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule
- Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA)
- And more
While many industry regulations, such as the FDCPA, do not explicitly require that calls be recorded, a recorded call may be used to settle a claim against a company’s behavior in relation to the act. Although the perceived need for this recording is subjective, the benefit from being able to effectively resolve or settle this type of dispute is clear.